Thursday, May 30, 2013

Newt in my backyard!

Just a check in with our lovely Advanced Studies NEWT students.  Hufflepuff has 5 students this term, so let's see what they're up to, shall we?

I asked our NEWT'ers
1) How close are you to your 50% mark?
2) What's a suprise about your NEWT?
3) What else have you been able to craft this term, besides your NEWT?

Luckynumbers:
1) Handed in a couple of days ago! 
2) Two things: first, it’s gotten a lot easier. I expected it to get somewhat easier but really, I found a rhythm with the technique and it’s going so much faster now. Secondly, I expected it to become a slog at some point but it hasn’t. The pattern changes so much that once I start getting tired of something, the pattern switches to something else. Tired of bubbles? Look, there are pipes just around the corner. It’s a lot of fun seeing it develop. 
3)  Quite a lot, surprisingly. I’ve handed in four classes already; I’m waiting on my partner for the fifth one to hand it in and I’m working on a sixth as well. Those over the break activities really helped me focus.



Kirsts:
I handed my 50% in - yey!

I’m surprised by how challenging some parts of my NEWT are. It’s been a bit tricky to figure out where to pick up stitches or whether I need to include an extra row in some squares because I’m working without a pattern.
Other than my NEWT, I finished a Peurperium cardigan for my baby-to-be. I did the first Quidditch, am planning to turn in my 4 HMC projects, and I’ll be starting a secret Mission soon. I’m going to try to squeeze in some charity blanket squares for msoyster, too.





Hydra-Star:

Has been visiting Russia was but sweet enough to show this loving progress shot of a sock.  More soon!











Minsue:
Here are shots of a finished shawl AND a finished 2 ply spin.


Stashalert: 
1) How close are you to making it to your 50% mark? Hit this mark a few days ago. 
2) What’s a surprise about your NEWT? How monotonous some of the garter stitch is. I don’t mind garter stitch but there’s a heckuva lot with this project. The only thing that keeps me somewhat sane is the 10 yarn colors I get to switch with each section. 
3) What else have you been able to craft this term besides your NEWT? I made a hexipuff for Potions and a Tunisian Intarsia square for Charms (or was that vice-versa?). I’m about to embark on a Mission for Chief Rockinsticks - a Victorian lace bonnet veil.

No comments:

Post a Comment