Friday, January 29, 2010

Technique of the Week!

Need a quickie Quidditch uniform? ShaylaMyst made it easy for us by just requesting a basic crochet chain or an i cord, if you are 'two needle inclined'.

I used to spend hours with my great grandma chaining random bits of Red Heart while she watched her 'stories' when I was four. If I can do it, you can! This should take a couple of minutes TOPS! Easy peasy and fun! Here is the easiest tut I could find. Check out that hook! Yowza!

Maybe, like me, you are a knit snob and prefer to use more than one needle, no worries. If you don't already know how to i-cord, then I don't believe you. Most likely you did it by accident somewhere along the way to knitting greatness. Such an easy and pretty technique. Practice this then move on to applied i-cord, it'll rock your world!

No offense to the hookers. I will totally admit to being a knit snob and in the same breath I will admit to being too lazy to learn crochet. Plus, it hurts my wrist and I'm a whiny baby. There, there, no need to get your feathers in a ruffle. Someday I'll learn just so I can make this. Maybe someone will be willing to share their amazing hook wisdom???




No comments:

Post a Comment