Friday, September 28, 2012

Firstie Friday: Wake Me When September Ends

Oh, wait.  September's pretty much ended for 2012!  Can it be, the first month of this term is already coming to a close?

And I am sad to say, at the end of my first month in Hufflepuff (my first time doing HPKCHC), I'm still as overwhelmed today as I was the day I was first earburned to join in Quidditch.

So good Friday morning to everyone from the sunny desert southwest in the U.S. of A.  My name is Duckfiend, and I'll be sharing Firstie Friday hosting privilege here with burningpopsicles.  I'm a knitter, crocheter, beader, writer, and photographer (in other words, I'm a long-winded jackie-of-all-trades, master of none).  And of course, the tie that binds--I'm a Harry Potter fan. :)

I have the happy task of reflecting briefly on the first month of my participation in the House Cup.  Personally, I've submitted projects for the Quidditch warm-up, and challenge 1 (the last day to Letter in a Sport--aka Challenge 1--was Sept. 25).  I've also turned in a project for Defense Against the Dark Arts, barely completing my minimum requirement for classes this month--something I hope to improve upon for October and November.  I believe there are fellow Housemates who have completed something for each class, and participated in both Quidditch warm-up, and challenge.  To those people, from a Firstie:  my mind is blown.  How on earth do you do it?!  While I still try to get up-to-speed on participating, I'm admiring the handiwork of other talented Hufflepuffs!

Here are some fantastic class projects from around our House over the last couple days:


*


*


*




I am really looking forward to the wonderful month of October (I say wonderful because it's my birthmonth and, of course, there's Halloween)--  Quidditch Challenge & Game 2!  Challenge 2 runs September 30-October 6, and Game 2 follows October 10-26.  I hope to see you all there!  Thanks for reading, and I'll see you back here Friday after next. :)

*~* Duckfiend ~*~

1 comment: