Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Staff

Welcome to Sunday Staff, the blog post where we introduce our wonderful Huffle-staff members! Today, we're talking to cariboustar, who manages the Pantry and the American Badgers cete!

What shall we call you? cariboustar or Laura.
What you do in muggle world? My job title is Orthopedic Coordinator. I work for a travelling doctor. I make appointments, check patients in at the reception desk, update patient information, do some billing, medical records clerk….. kind of a jill-of-all-trades.
What’s your craft? I knit and LOVE to spin. I am trying to learn crochet too, but so far it’s just been a few squares.
What project are you most proud of? I have to say that I really really like how the beaded yarn turned out that I made for my Spring2011 OWL. The pictures on my stash page don’t do it any justice at all. I also am pretty proud of my Sorting Hat.

Tell us something interesting about yourself. I love to spin in Public. I take my Minstrel to the Farmer’s Market in the summer and spin. I get a LOT of very interested people stop and watch me. To my surprise (at first), most of them were men - older generations of Ranchers/Farmers. They would tell me stories about shearing day, and memories of their moms/aunts/cousins spinning… I want to open a Yarn Shop. I am also a huge fan of Pro Baseball and Pro (American) Football.
We’re all going out to eat, but it’s up to you to decide where. So, where are we going? McCormick & Schmicks Seafood Restaurant down on 1st Ave in Seattle WA.
What one thing would you like to see happen this term? I would love to see Hufflepuff win the Cup, but I would ALSO like us to win Quidditch for a THIRD straight time!

No comments:

Post a Comment