Along with the beginning of the Term is the beginning of Quidditch! Our Headmistress, yarnvista, had this to say, "The Quidditch season promises to be exciting, and there should be something for everyone. Since Quidditch is a very unpredictable game everyone should be prepared for any possibility. There is more than one path to victory, and strategy is more important than ever!"
Doesn't that make you say, "Hmm? Tell me more." Here is my understanding of Quidditch this term.
There are TWO paths to earn points. Path 1 runs 3 September through 5 November and Path 2 is three events, one each month. Here's the breakdown:
Path #1) Explore Quidditch Positions (3 Sep - 5 Nov)[150 Points possible for each chaser!]:
- Beaters: Knit, crochet, weave or spin up to 15 projects using 50 yards/project minimum. Each project will earn 10 points.
- Chasers: Knit, crochet, weave or spin up to 6 projects using 150 yards/project minimum. Each project will earn 25 points.
- Keepers: Knit, crochet, weave or spin up to 3 projects using 300 yards/project minimum. Each project will earn 50 points.
- Seekers: Knit, crochet, weave or spin up to 2 projects using 500 yards/project minimum. Each project will earn 75 points.
TAG: HQ16Beater, HQ16Chaser, HQ16Keeper, or HQ16Seeker
1) Get to Know Your New Nembus! (5 -16 September) [Each project will be awarded 15 points. 1 project per player]:
For this activity:
Using any Ravelry-approved crafting method, craft something using “top-of-the-line” materials, colors or stitch patterns.
Dyers: you may either dye a fiber that you feel is a luxury fiber or use a “top-of-the-line” dyeing method.
Please tell us why this is something special for you to use.
In this case, “top-of-the-line” is subjective. Use what you feel to be top of the line. Don’t break the bank just to go out and buy that skein of $4000 Quivit for this challenge. We want you to craft with something that you think is a luxury. Love cotton? Craft with cotton. Have a fondness for acrylic? Craft with acrylic. We just ask that you tell us why you feel it is top-of-the-line to you.
2) Pre-Match Jitters (10 - 19 October)[One project per student, 15 points per project]:
For this challenge:
Option 1: Using any Ravelry-approved craft, create something to soothe your nerves before a Quidditch Match.
Option 2: Using any Ravelry-approved craft, create something that makes you nervous or use a technique that makes you nervous.
3) Victory! Butterbeers all around!! (17 - 28 November):
joseybug, that sly Slytherin, is keeping the detail for this one under wraps, for now.
Wow! Two ways to play this term! There should be something for everyone just as yarnvista said.
That's all for now, I have some plotting to do...
Until next time; Keep your eyes on the Golden Snitch.