Thursday, September 12, 2013

Homework Highlights (Chosen by Random.org)

You excellent Puffs are keeping me on my toes---as I peruse the class threads this month, I'm keeping a text file on my computer with some of my favourite projects, and just from the first ten days of term, I already have so many that I decided to let a random number generator pick which ones to showcase today!

Taking advantage of the non-Ravelry-crafting option at the Magical Menagerie this month, HogwartsKnitting submitted a beautiful sewn tea wallet.

Also at the Magical Menagerie, WAgirl98 made this gorgeous cabled hat, and crafted a very cool story to go with about how its cables resemble the ears of magical shape-shifting rabbits.

I love it when a project/turn-in photo features the crafter's pet, so I'm a big fan of this homework from TinyStitcher, who is keeping her gorgeous feline familiar happy with a crocheted fish.


Tricotjo made this very dashing mustachioed cowl, a most excellent disguise for getting around Knockturn Alley.


In "projects that  you are definitely going to see in the Prize Nominations Thread," ashleybah knitted this completely perfect Care of Magical Creatures charm bracelet.

Please join me in boggling at this turn-in from LadyDragonsinger: her 73rd Molly Weasley sweater.  That isn't a typo!  I'm pretty sure that kind of creative feat requires actual magic.

HazelRose has been turning in a lot of cool woven projects, but I think my favourite is this ingenious way to use practice squares (and this idea could work nicely for knitted or crocheted squares/motifs, too) by turning them into a needlebook.

In the "yarny turn-ins I would like to get on my hooks" category, Maylablue dyed some amazingly vivid yarn in Gryffindor and Ravenclaw colours---the red is even her handspun.


And finally, a selection from Detention at the Leaky Cauldron in the form of a shawl of breathtaking beauty by jpester.

No comments:

Post a Comment