Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunday(ish) Staff!

Sorry Puffs, I keep missing Sunday!
Anyway, today we're visiting with our Spinners co-host:  Marushka!

Tell us someting interesting about yourself.
Despite growing up with a mother who knit compulsively, and two grandmothers who also knit and crocheted, I did not learn how to knit until I was in my 20s. I taught myself from a “How to Knit” brochure which featured a cartoon monkey. I attempted two sweaters, got bored before they were finished, then gave up the craft for 20 years. When I picked up the needles again a few years ago, I was instantly obsessed and haven’t stopped since.

What started you crafting?
I was surrounded by crafty women during my formative years, so it just always seemed necessary to me to be making things. Even when I wasn’t knitting, I was doing other crafts: sewing clothes, painting pottery, needlepoint, etc.

What’s the most exciting thing you crafted last term?
My Sipalu bag -- colorwork is awkward for me and I didn’t entirely love the crafting of it, but I’m very pleased with how it came out.

If you were granted three wishes, what would you ask for?
(1) a self-cleaning house
(2) time to write every day
(3) a less anxious outlook on life

We’re vacationing at your house this summer! Don’t panic, we’ll get hotel rooms but you have to entertain us. What local attraction are we going to go see?
The LYS of course. Or maybe a nearby alpaca farm - few things in life are cuter than baby alpacas.

No comments:

Post a Comment