Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fall 2010 Mentoring!

MENTORING!!!

Fall 2010 Cetes

In fall 2010, we will have 10 Cetes of Badgers. Each Cete will have at least one 4th year or higher leader ("Mama Badger" or "Papa Badger"), one 2nd or 3rd year, and however many firsties that balances out to. If I have more than 10 volunteers from each group, some groups may have additional upperclassmen to help out the firsties.

Each Cete will be given a name (a species/sub-species of Badger) and we will carry those Cetes forward so you can be a permanent member of that Cete. We'll make it up as we go along with the various what-ifs. Members are always welcome to Cete-hop and visit the others, of course, or do one of those "visit to stay" sorts of things! Each Cete will have it's own thread in the Hufflepuff House Group which should make it easier for everyone to stay in touch.

So, if you'd like to be part of the mentoring program, please PM Fluttervale on Ravelry and let her know, as well as your year, so I can make sure to balance out everyone. I need Upperclassman sign-ups by the 28th, please. (If you sign up later, that's cool, I'll still stick you in a Cete, I just would really like to get the upperclassmen figured out before the Firsties.)

If you are a firstie and asked for Hufflepuff, you will almost certainly become a Huff--we are the least-requested house since the books make us out to be the least competitive. But we have a great supportive atmosphere, and at least once a term discuss just about every topic on the planet. Firsties, please do NOT PM me letting me know you want a mentor, you will get one, I promise! ScarlettB gives me a list so that I can match you up.

Remember: Of all the species representing the various houses, we are the highest up on the food chain! Let's have a great term and be welcoming to our Firsties!

No comments:

Post a Comment